2006-07 Student-Athlete Handbook (pdf)
The Mission of the Athletics Department at Saint Joseph's University reflects the Mission of the University by using the programs within Athletics as a way to develop the whole person and preparing men and women for others.
- To educate the whole person by complementing the academic experience with athletic and recreational programs and activities outside the classroom.
- To create an environment for personal growth through openness, respect, and a concern for others.
- To communicate the value of community and family through teamwork and sportsmanship.
- To provide opportunities for students to learn self-discipline, responsibility, decision-making, and attainment of goals.
- To provide opportunities for students to participate and compete in a first-class manner.
- To provide equitable opportunities for all students and staff, including women and minorities.
- To advance the University regionally and nationally through intercollegiate athletics.