NEW YORK, N.Y. - Saint Joseph's sophomore Kendal Trickey recorded a second-half equalizer for the Hawks' women's soccer team, but host Columbia broke the tie shortly after and held on for a 2-1 win on Thursday evening at Rocco B. Commisso Soccer Stadium.
How It Happened
• Columbia took a 1-0 lead right before halftime as Mallaika Tomar scored at 41:16.
• Saint Joseph's Kendal Trickey headed home her first collegiate goal at 60:32 as she connected on a corner kick by teammate Kasia Kwitnieski to make it 1-1.
• Less than 10 minutes later, the Lions answered back as Cayla Davis made it 2-1 as she scored off a loose ball inside the SJU box.
• The Hawks pressured Columbia over the final 20 minutes as they launched eight shots over that period, but none were able to find the back of the net.
• Freshman goalkeeper Emily Cuccio made two saves and moves to 2-2-1 on the year.
• Saint Joseph's falls to 3-3-1 on the season with the loss.
The Hawks continue their five-game road streak this Sunday at Lehigh at 1 p.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's soccer with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP