MERION STATION, Pa. – The Saint Joseph's field hockey team digs into Atlantic 10 play this weekend as the Hawks host Lock Haven and Saint Louis at Ellen Ryan Field. The games are the first conference home matchups for the Hawks this season.
#10 Saint Joseph's vs. Lock Haven
Friday, October 4 | 3:00 p.m. | Ellen Ryan Field
• Saint Joseph's (8-1 overall, 1-0 Atlantic 10) returned to the top 10 in the Penn Monto/NFHCA Division I Coaches Poll on Tuesday; the Hawks moved up one slot from #11 after a pair of weekend victories. SJU ended last season 10th in the poll, the highest ranking in program history.
• Serrano was the hero on Sunday, scoring with 46.6 seconds remaining to push the Hawks past #17 Boston College, 5-4, in a marquee non-conference matchup that was highlighted as one of the NFHCA's weekly "Games to Watch."
• Serrano earned Atlantic 10 Offensive Player of the Week laurels, while Bentz was named the Co-Defensive Player of the Week.
• Sophomore Tonya Botherway collected three goals over the weekend to push her team- and league-leading totals to eight goals and 17 points, respectively. Serrano leads the Hawks and the Atlantic 10 with seven assists.
• Bentz has totaled six assists for the season, good for second in the league, while freshman Kate Blincoe is in third with five. Serrano and Bentz are third and fifth in the conference with 13 and 12 points, respectively.
• Senior Victoria Kammerinke has played every minute in the cage for the Hawks, posting a 1.54 goals against average and one shutout.
• Lock Haven (4-5 overall, 2-0 Atlantic 10) suffered a 1-0 defeat to Long Island in its last game on Sunday. Prior to that, the Bald Eagles opened conference play with a pair of dramatic 2-1 home wins; LHU earned a shootout win over Davidson on September 22 before topping Richmond in overtime last Friday.
• Jazmin Palma is Lock Haven's leading scorer with three goals and eight points; she leads the Atlantic 10 in shots with 42 through nine games. Tia Judy and Amy Stevens join Palma on a team-best two assists apiece.
• Goalkeeper Joaquina Orlandini has seen all the time in the cage for the Bald Eagles; her 1.31 GAA is second in the conference while her two shutouts are tied for most in the Atlantic 10.
• Lock Haven leads the all-time series between the schools, 7-4, but the Hawks have won the last four, including a 4-1 result last season. Botherway tallied her first career hat trick in the game.
#10 Saint Joseph's vs. Saint Louis
Sunday, October 6 | Noon | Ellen Ryan Field
• Last time out, Saint Louis (0-8 overall, 0-2 Atlantic 10) fell to VCU, 2-1. All three goals were scored early, as the Rams took the lead in the fourth minute, SLU tied it on a penalty stroke in the seventh, and the Rams scored the game-winner just 74 seconds later.
• Grace Golembiewski converted the stroke for the Billikens; she and Megan Rice lead the team with a goal apiece.
• Sasha Sander has played the duration of all eight games for SLU, posting a 3.12 GAA.
• The Hawks lead the all-time series between the schools, 15-1; last season, junior Sara Hayes notched a hat trick as SJU cruised to a 5-0 win on the road.