ITHACA, N.Y. - Saint Joseph's senior Michael O'Brien is tied for third place after the opening two rounds of the Cornell Invitational on Saturday. As a team, the Hawks are in 14th place with a combined score of 603 following rounds of 305 and 298.
How It Happened
• Michael O'Brien carded a two-round score of 72-69/141 (-1) and is tied for third place in the field of 90 players.
• Richard Riva posted the lowest round of the day on Saturday as he shot 65 in the second round and is tied for 15th at 80-65/145 (+3).
• J.T. Spina is tied for 73rd after a two-round score of 75-83/158 (+16).
• Wills Montgomery posted a score of 78-81/159 (+17) and is tied for 75th.
• Noah Henderson rounded out the five-man squad with a score of 80-83/163 (+21) and is in 86th place.
• Saint Joseph's currently stands in 14th place, while Columbia holds the team lead at 575 in the 16-team field.
• Columbia's Daniel Core holds a two-stroke lead amongst individual golfers after shooting 70-68/138 (-4) on Saturday.
• The Cornell Invitational is being played at par-71 Robert Trent Jones Golf Course at Cornell University (6,904 yards).
The final round of the Cornell Invitational begins at 8 a.m. Sunday morning, with the Hawks starting at 8:45 a.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU golf with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP