SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS (3-5)
AUBURN TIGERS (6-1)
December 6, 2018 • 7:00 p.m.
Hagan Arena • Philadelphia, Pa.
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Sr.) – 12.4 ppg, 3.9 apg
G - Kristalyn Baisden (Sr.) - 5.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg
G - Katie Jekot (R-Fr.) – 6.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg
F - Michala Clay (Sr.) – 4.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg
F - Katie Mayock (Fr.) – 8.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg
Series vs. Auburn: Tied at 1-1
SJU Streak: W-1
First Meeting: 12/8/90, SJU, 74-55
Last Meeting: 12/29/07, SJU, 71-69
Coach Griffin vs. Auburn: 1-0
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph’s continues its seven-game homestand as the Hawks host Auburn on Thursday.
• Thursday’s matchup is just the third meeting ever between the Hawks and Tigers with the series tied at 1-1.
• The two teams last met at the 2007 Hawk Classic in which SJU held on for a 71-69 victory in the title game. The Hawks and Tigers also played in the semifinals of the 1990 Connecticut Classic.
• Saint Joseph’s enters Thursday ranked 36th nationally in points allowed at 54.8 points per game, while Auburn ranks 33rd overall in scoring offense at 80.4 points per game.
• The Hawks are coming off a 47-35 loss to Villanova on Sunday as the Wildcats used a 12-0 run to end the game after SJU battled back to tie it at 35 all.
• Sunday was the 157th Big 5 game for SJU. The Hawks, who have captured or earned a share of 17 Big 5 titles, are now 110-47 all-time in Big 5 play.
• Senior Alyssa Monaghan led the Hawks with a team-high 16 points versus Villanova and in the process moved into eighth place all-time for three-pointers made with 168.
• Freshman Katie Mayock is currently averaging 1.1 blocks per game and is on pace to reach SJU’s top-10 for single-season rejections.
• The Hawks are currently 3-2 during a seven-game homestand. The seven consecutive home games matches Saint Joseph's longest since the 2015-16 season.
• SJU is on pace for 609 three-point attempts this season. The Hawks’ program record is 511 set by the 1997-98 team.
THE ROAD TO 1,000
Senior Alyssa Monaghan is nearing the 1,000-point plateau for her career. A four-year starter, Monaghan would become the 27th Hawks to reach 1,000 career points. She enters Thursday with 925 points.
Despite being just six games into the season, 2018-19 has already seen several Hawks play expanded roles and set new highs for single-game scoring. Below are players who have posted new single-game highs for points this year.
Whisper Fisher - 8, vs. Rider, 11/24/18
Michala Clay - 10, vs. Niagara, 11/20/18
Rachel Gartner, 7, at Drexel, 11/11/18
Lula Roig - 8, vs. Loyola Maryland, 11/25/18
Mary Sheehan - 8, vs. Loyola Maryland, 11/25/18
Saint Joseph’s caps its homestand on Monday when it hosts Towson at 7 p.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP