The Saint Joseph's women's soccer team returns to action this week with Atlantic 10 matches at George Mason and at home versus VCU. The Hawks and Patriots will kickoff at 7 p.m. at George Mason Stadium in an ESPN+ streamed match on Thursday, with SJU returning home to host the Rams at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• The Hawks enter Thursday ranked ninth in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region Poll. This week also marks the seventh straight week SJU has made an appearance in the regional poll.
• Saint Joseph's is currently 7-4-2 on the season and are tied for sixth in the A-10 at 2-2-0 (six points).
• The Hawks are coming off a 1-1-0 week in conference play last week posting a 3-0 win over Richmond on Thursday before falling at Dayton, 1-0, on Sunday.
• Senior Hannah Racis currently leads Saint Joseph's in points (eight) and is tied for the team lead in goals with rookie Aleksa Peev.
• Senior Paige Bergman has paced SJU with a team-best four assists.
• In net, senior Grace Bendon boasts a 0.97 goals-against average and has made 42 saves.
• The Hawks are hosting their Alumnae Night and Reception on October 11. For more information and to register click here.
ABOUT THE PATRIOTS
• George Mason enters Thursday with an 8-4-0 record on the season and are currently in fifth place in the A-10 at 3-1-0 (nine points).
• The Patriots are coming off a 3-0 win over Davidson on Sunday and have won four of their last five.
• On the offensive side, rookie Emma van der Vorst leads George Mason in goals (seven) and points (16).
• Redshirt junior Morgan Symmer has played the bulk of the minutes in goal for the Patriots and is 7-3-0 with a 1.57 goals-against-average.
ABOUT THE RAMS
• VCU enters the week tied atop the A-10 standings at 4-0-0 and are fourth in this week's nited Soccer Coaches East Region Poll.
• The Rams open the week at home versus Davidson on Thursday before heading to Hawk Hill on Sunday.
• VCU holds a 2-0-0 all-time lead in the series with SJU with both wins coming last season.
• Sophomore Samantha Jerabek leads the Rams offense in goals (eight) and points (20) and is tied for the team lead in assists (four).
• In net, redshirt senior Audrey Sanderson is 9-2-0 with a 0.79 goals-against-average.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's soccer with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP