RICHMOND, Va. - Third seed Saint Joseph's faces sixth seed La Salle in the Quarterfinals of the 2017 Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship on Friday at 7:00 PM at the Richmond Coliseum.
Friday's Quarterfinal matchup will be televised on The Comcast Network in Philadelphia. The contest will be televised by the American Sports Network and its affiliates in Pennsylvania, New York, North Carolina, Missouri, Ohio and Virginia and streamed online on www.americansportsnet.com/live. To find the televised game in your area, go to americansportsnet.com.
Saturday’s Semifinals will air at 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network, while Sunday’s Championship final will be on ESPNU and streamed on WatchESPN at noon. In addition, steaming audio of the Hawks' games will be available on sjuhawks.com.
GAME STORIES . . .
• The Hawks are coming off a 77-51 victory over 14th seed Rhode Island on February 25 in the First Round of the A-10 Championship at Hagan Arena.
• Friday will mark the fifth time the Hawks have faced Explorers in the Atlantic 10 Championship, with SJU going 3-1 in the previous postseason meetings.
• Saint Joseph’s and La Salle are meeting for the third time this year, and 55th time overall with the Hawks having won both games this year and holding a 44-10 all-time edge.
• Should Saint Joseph’s win on Friday the Hawks would advance to face either second seed George Washington or seventh seed Duquesne in the Semifinals on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
• The Championship game is set for a noon start on Sunday.
• The Hawks are making their 35th A-10 Championship appearance and are 44-31 all-time in A-10 Championship play.
• Saint Joseph’s has won the A-10 Championship three times (1997, 1999, 2013).
• The Hawks finished the season tied for third with Saint Louis at 12-4, but won the head-to-head tie-breaker with the Billikens based on SJU’s 66-63 win on February 5.