PHILADELPHIA - Saint Joseph's women's basketball team heads to city rival La Salle on Saturday for a 1 p.m. matchup with the Explorers at Tom Gola Arena.
GAME STORIES . . .
• Saturday is the first of two games this year with La Salle as the two teams will meet again on February 12 at Hagan Arena in a Big 5 matchup.
• The Hawks enter Saturday with a 42-10 edge in the all-time series, but lost the last meeting to the Explorers, 75-70, on February 17, 2016 at Tom Gola Arena .
• Of the 25 previous contests at La Salle, SJU has gone 19-6 and won five straight before last year’s loss.
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off a 64-58 victory over VCU and has won two straight to move into a tie for fifth in the Atlantic 10 standings at 2-2.
• Sophomore guard Alyssa Monaghan had a game-high 17 points versus the Rams in Wednesday’s victory.
• Junior forward Adashia Franklyn added 12 points and nine rebounds against VCU and over the past two games has averaged 15 points and 10 rebounds per game, while shooting 84.6 percent (11-of-13) from the field.
• Saint Joseph’s is averaging 8.5 three-point field goals per game over the last two contests.
Junior Chelsea Woods enters Saturday, five boards shy of 25th place (445, Ayahna Cornish ‘ 07) for career rebounds, while classmate Adashia Franklyn is five blocks shy of tying for eighth place for career blocked shots (79).
Series History Saint Joseph’s vs. La Salle
All-Time Series: SJU leads, 42-10
Last Meeting: 2/17/16, La Salle, 75-70
Last SJU Win: 1/30/16, 64-55
Last La Salle Win: 2/17/16, 75-70
Current SJU Streak: L-1