PHILADELPHIA - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team will welcome area youth this Wednesday to Hagan Arena as the Hawks host their annual Fieldtrip to the Fieldhouse promotion in conjunction with their game versus Atlantic 10 rival VCU.
Wednesday's game will have a special 11:30 a.m. start, with the game being streamed online on the Atlantic 10 Network.
• More than 1,200 area school children are expected for Wednesday’s game.
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off an 81-50 win over Massachusetts on Saturday in which the Hawks shot a season-best 52.5 percent from the field and 63.2 percent from three-point range (12-of-19).
• Sophomore Kristalyn Baisden tallied a career-best 18 points versus the Minutewomen and is averaging 15.0 ppg over the last two contests.
• Junior Adashia Franklyn posted her third double-double of the year versus Massachusetts, finishing with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
• Franklyn, who set a SJU single-game record with 25 rebounds at Richmond earlier this season, is currently averaging 15.0 rebounds per game in A-10 play to lead the conference.
• Junior Chelsea Woods scored 10 points in her return to the lineup and added a pair of rebounds. She enters Wednesday, eight boards shy of 25th place (445, Ayahna Cornish ‘ 07) for career rebounds.
• Wednesday’s matchup with the Rams is the 11th meeting between the two clubs.
• The Hawks have won three-straight to even the series at 5-5, including a 66-63 victory last season at VCU.
All-Time Series: Tied, 5-5
Last Meeting: 1/10/16, SJU, 66-63
Last SJU Win: 1/10/16, 66-63
Last VCU Win: 1/12/14, 73-69
Current SJU Streak: W-3