MEDIA, Pa. – The Saint Joseph's men's tennis dropped a tight contest on Friday night, falling to Saint Louis, 5-2, at the Springton Indoor Tennis Club. Senior Tristan Boustany posted a strong performance, recording two wins on the night.
"It was a very tough match that Saint Louis claimed with better play in the clutch situations," said head coach Ian Crookenden. "In the final analysis, the loss of the doubles point was critical."
The Billikens (5-3) took that doubles point via a pair of 6-3 wins in the top two flights. Boustany and classmate Valentijn van Erven came away with a 7-5 win in the third flight, however.
In singles play, Boustany cruised to a 6-3, 6-0 win in the fourth flight to get Saint Joseph's (3-3) within a point, and sophomore Dan Tan added a 6-4, 5-7, 6-0 triumph in the fifth, but SLU pulled out victories in the second and third flights to secure the team result.
The Hawks will look to bounce back right away as they host Delaware at Springton on Saturday night.
Saint Louis 5, Saint Joseph's 2
1. Juan Calero / David Ferragut (SLU) def. Peter Dewitt / Tim Stierle (SJU), 6-3
2. John Nogalski / Charlie Parry (SLU) def. Kyle Chalmers / Dan Tan (SJU), 6-3
3. Tristan Boustany / Valentijn van Erven (SJU) def Justin Nogalski / Paarth Dodhiawala (SLU), 7-5
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
1. Ferragut (SLU) def Chalmers (SJU), 6-3, 6-1
2. Calero (SLU) def. Stierle (SJU), 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
3. Parry (SLU) def. Andre Fick (SJU), 6-4, 7-5
4. Boustany (SJU) def. Jo. Nogalski (SLU), 6-3, 6-0
5. Tan (SJU) def. Oscar Pachon (SLU), 6-4, 5-7, 6-0
6. Dodhiawala (SLU) def. Dewitt (SJU), 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
Order of Finish: 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, 6
Singles: Saint Louis 71, Saint Joseph's 66
Doubles: Saint Louis 17, Saint Joseph's 13
Total: Saint Louis 88, Saint Joseph's 79