SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS (6-13, 2-4 A-10)
DAYTON FLYERS (9-8, 4-2 A-10)
January 27, 2019 • 12:00 p.m.
UD Arena • Dayton, Ohio
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Sr.) – 14.0 ppg, 3.5 apg
G - Kristalyn Baisden (Sr.) - 6.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg
G - Lula Roig (So.) – 6.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg
G - Nailah Delinois (Jr.) - 2.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg
F - Whisper Fisher (Sr.) – 4.1 ppg, 4.2 rpg
Series vs. Dayton: Dayton leads 17-13
First Meeting: 12/9/79, Dayton, 68-58
Last Meeting: 1/7/18, Dayton, 65-59
Last Saint Joseph's Win: 1/26/14, 75-63
Last Dayton Win: 1/7/18, 65-59
Coach Griffin vs. Dayton: 7-13
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph's caps its two-game road swing this Sunday at Dayton with a game televised on ESPNU at noon
• Sunday is the 31st matchup between the Hawks and Flyers, with Dayton holding a 17-13 edge in the all-time series, including six-straight wins over SJU.
• Saint Joseph’s is taking part in the “We Back Pat" initiative focused on bringing awareness and recognition to the Pat Summitt Foundation, a fund of East Tennessee Foundation, and its fight against Alzheimer's disease.
• The Hawks, including the coaching staff, will be wearing gray “We Back Pat” shirts in support of the enterprise.
• Saint Joseph’s is looking to bounce-back from a 46-45 last minute loss at Richmond on Wednesday.
• For the fifth-straight game, senior Alyssa Monaghan led the Hawks in scoring, finishing with a game-high 14 points against the Spiders and added a team-best seven rebounds and three assists.
• Over the last five contests, Monaghan has averaged 20.4 points per game and shot 58.5 percent from the field (38-65) and 62.1 percent from three-point range (18-29).
• On Monday, Monaghan was named Atlantic 10 Player of the Week and Co-Big 5 Player of the Week after averaging 24 points, 4.5 assists, 4.5 rebounds per game over two contests.
• SJU is currently averaging 63.0 points per game in conference victories, but averaging just 51.8 points per contest in A-10 losses.
Saint Joseph’s has a week between games as the Hawks return home to host VCU next Sunday, February 3, at 2 p.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP