DAYTON, OHIO - Saint Joseph's sophomore Amanda Nava picked up her fourth consecutive win at the top singles flight, but Saint Louis proved to be too much for the Hawks' women's tennis team as the Billikens won a neutral site match, 4-1, in Dayton, Ohio on Saturday.
Playing with a smaller lineup due to injury, the Hawks' got on the board as Nava posted a 6-1, 6-2 win over Cassie McKenzie at the No. 1 singles flight.
However, the Billikens captured the doubles point and added three singles wins to earn the team victory.
"Saint Louis was too deep for an injury depleted Hawk team," said head coach Ian Crookenden. "Amanda continued her streak in a convincing display of power tennis. With Laura left behind to treat an ankle injury, captain Isis Gill-Reid joined her on the injury list and had to stop her match after limping in an effort to continue. Tomorrow’s match will be a case of whomever is healthy will have to carry the flag."
Saint Joseph's (0-4) takes on the Flyers on Sunday in Dayton, Ohio at 10 a.m.
Saint Louis 4, Saint Joseph's 1
1. Amanda Nava/Isis Gill-Reid (SJU) vs. Cassie McKenzie/Ariana Rodriguez (SLU) 4-3 DNF
2. Ally McKenzie/Mariluz Rojo (SLU) def. Madeline Hill/Alex Kramer (SJU) 6-1
3. Mika Misgav/Alba SalinasMika Misgav (SLU) def. Katherine Devlin/Paige Conrad (SJU) 6-1
1. Amanda Nava (SJU) def. Cassie McKenzie (SLU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Ally McKenzie (SLU) def. Isis Gill-Reid (SJU) 6-1, 5-2 (Retired-Injury)
3. Mariluz Rojo (SLU) def. Alex Kramer (SJU) 6-0, 6-3
4. Ariana Rodriguez (SLU) def. Paige Conrad (SJU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Mika Misgav (SLU) vs. Katherine Devlin (SJU) DNF
6. Alba Salinas (SLU) vs. Madeline Hill (SJU) DNF
Singles: Saint Louis 38, Saint Joseph's 21
Doubles: Saint Louis 15, Saint Joseph's 6
Total: Saint Louis 53, Saint Joseph's 27
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's tennis with Hawk E-News –SIGN UP