PHILADELPHIA - The Saint Joseph’s women's basketball team hits the road for its final non-conference road game of the year this Sunday at city rival Drexel. Game time is set for 2 p.m. at the Daskalakis Athletic Center.
Free streaming is provided for Sunday's game courtesy of DrexelDragons.tv.
GAME STORIES . . .
• Sunday is the first of three consecutive games versus Colonial Athletic Association opponents for the Hawks, with games at home versus Hofstra (Dec. 22) and James Madison (Dec. 28) to come.
• Sunday marks the 16th meeting between Saint Joseph’s and Drexel. The Hawks hold a 10-5 edge in the series and won last year’s meeting, 53-46.
• Despite holding a series edge over the Dragons, SJU has had its struggles at the Daskalakis Athletic Center as it enters Sunday just 2-4 in games on Drexel’s home floor.
• Saint Joseph’s snapped a two-game losing skid on Tuesday with a 75-36 win over NJIT.
• The 39-point margin of victory over the Highlanders is the fifth largest by the Hawks under head coach Cindy Griffin.
• Sophomore guard/forward Sarah Veilleux posted a career-high 19 points in Tuesday’s win, knocking down 6-of-11 from the floor, including 5-of-9 from three-point range.
• The Hawks are averaging 7.5 three-pointers made per game in the last two contests after averaging 3.6 three-pointers over the opening seven games.
• As a team, SJU is currently averaging 15.3 on 23.3 field goals made assists per game
• The Hawks currently rank 10th nationally in turnovers per game (12.3) and 23rd in fewest turnovers (111).
Series History Saint Joseph’s vs. Drexel
All-Time Series: SJU leads 10-5
Last Meeting: 12/13/15, SJU, 53-46
Last SJU Win: 12/13/15, 53-46
Last Penn Win: 11/25/14, 76-63
Current SJU Streak: W-1