ITHACA, N.Y. - Saint Joseph's senior Michael O'Brien captured medalist honors at the Cornell Invitational, while the Hawks placed 14th overall at the season-opening event.
How It Happened
• Michael O'Brien fired a five-under-par 66 in Sunday's final round to jump two spots and earn medalist honors.
• O'Brien posted a three-round score of 72-69-66/207 (-6) to win the individual title by three strokes over Columbia's Daniel Core.
• Richard Riva tied for 24th with a three-round total of 80-65-75/220 (+7).
• Wills Montgomery posted a score of 78-81-77/236 (+23) and finished tied for 76th.
• J.T. Spina placed 80th with a final total of 75-83-80/238 (+25).
• Noah Henderson rounded out the five-man squad with a score of 80-83-77/240 (+27) and tied for 81st place.
• Saint Joseph's placed 14th in the 16-team field with a score of 305-298-295/898 (+46).
• Columbia shot 866 to capture the team title by a stroke over Bucknell.
• The Cornell Invitational was played at par-71 Robert Trent Jones Golf Course at Cornell University (6,904 yards).
The Hawks are back in action next Saturday at the Dartmouth Invitational.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU golf with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP