PHILADELPHIA – The Saint Joseph's men's soccer squad will close the 2019 season at UMass this Saturday, November 2. Start time is set for 1:00 p.m. at Rudd Field in Amherst, Mass. Live streaming will not be available.
ABOUT SAINT JOSEPH'S (5-11-1, 1-6-0 A-10)
• The Hawks enter Saturday's match following a 2-1, heartbreaking loss vs. Dayton this past Saturday; senior midfielder Matt Mullock scored the equalizer late, but Dayton scored the match-winner with just minutes remaining in regulation.
• Senior forward Leon Maric leads the team with 11 points on a team-high four goals and three helpers while junior midfielder Alvin Dahn (4g, 1a) and sophomore midfielder Garrett Lyons (3g, 3a) have posted nine points apiece.
• Saturday's match will mark the final collegiate contests for seniors Mike Fornaro, John Fritz, Maric, Mullock, Dontrim Namani, and Jarod Ramses.
ABOUT UMASS (6-10-0, 2-5-0 A-10)
• The Minutemen are coming off of a 3-2 road win over La Salle last Saturday; Christian Labeck scored twice.
• Graham Brenner (5g) and James Mcpherson (3g) lead the Minutemen in scoring while Marvyn Dorchin (6-10-0) sports a .761 save percentage and .980 goals against average in all 1463:40 on the season.
• Saturday's match will mark the 27th in the all-time series, and UMass owns a 17-6-3 advantage; however, the Hawks are 2-0-1 in their last three meetings after a 2-2 draw in 2017 (then-rookie defender David Grana assisted on the late go-ahead) and shutout wins in 2015, 2-0, and 2014, 1-0.