PHILADELPHIA - The Saint Joseph’s men's and women’s rowing teams host the Navy Day Regatta this Saturday on the Schuylkill River.
• Saturday marks the Hawks' first official head race and will feature both local competition as well as Navy, Fairfield, Marist and other regional rivals.
• The regatta marks the second event of the year for the SJU women and first for the men's team.
• Over 104 boats are slated to compete in Saturday's event on Schuylkill River starting at 8:40 a.m.
• Saint Joseph's women's team is set to compete with three boats in the women's pair (9:40 a.m.), three boats in the women's 4+ (10:04 a.m.), one boat in the women's freshman 8 (10:32 a.m.) and two boats in the women's college 8 (1:08 p.m.).
• Spectators please note that Kelly Drive will be closed, but shuttle buses are available from the parking area.
• For all information regarding the Navy Day Regatta please check www.thenavydayregatta.com
"We have had a solid week of practice. It has been good to get back into the big boats for a bit after we have spent tons of miles in the small boats. We are looking forward to checking our speed against some traditionally fast crews." said women's head coach Gerry Quinlan.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU men's and women's rowing with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP