The Saint Joseph's softball team returns to action this weekend as the Hawks host George Mason in a three-game Atlantic 10 series starting with a doubleheader on Saturday at the SJU Softball Field. All three games for the weekend will be streamed as part of the Atlantic 10's ESPN+ subscription package, with live stats available for each game free of charge.
Saturday, April 13 vs. George Mason, 12:00 p.m. | ESPN+ | Live Stats
Saturday, April 13 vs. George Mason, 2:00 p.m. | ESPN+ | Live Stats
Sunday, April 14 vs. George Mason, 12:00 p.m. | ESPN+ | Live Stats
SAINT JOSEPH'S (18-15, 7-2 Atlantic 10)
• The Hawks are coming off three straight wins at St. Bonaventure last weekend as they improved their conference record to 7-2. Saint Joseph's opened with a pair of dominant wins, 13-0, 8-2, on Saturday, and followed with a gutty 8-6 victory on Sunday.
• Junior Sarah Ostaszewski continues to lead the Hawks in batting average (.396), slugging percentage (.613) and hits (44), while classmate Caela Abadie has collected a team-best 31 RBI and five home runs. Sophomore Kirstin Cox has gone 11-of-13 in stolen base attempts this season and is hitting .308 with 16 runs scored.
• In the circle, senior Ashley Ventura enters the weekend with a 10-10 record while leading the SJU pitching staff in ERA (2.99), strikeouts (57) and innings pitched (114.2). Rookie Amanda Herr is 6-1 in 21 appearances and currently ranks second on the team in ERA (3.16) and strikeouts (18), while sophomore Chelsea Evans is 2-3 in seven appearances.
GEORGE MASON (15-19, 3-6 Atlantic 10)
• The Patriots are coming off a doubleheader sweep of Coppin State at home on Wednesday. Overall, George Mason enters the weekend at 3-6 in Atlantic 10 play, having gone 1-2 against each of its first three conference opponents - Dayton, Fordham and Rhode Island.
• Outfielder Alyssa Lawton currently leads George Mason in batting average (.328) and stolen bases (six), with infielder Adriana Erickson posting a team-best 20 runs batted in, four home runs and 28 hits. Liz Seymour leads the Patriots with 18 runs scored heading into the weekend and ranks second on the team in runs batted in (14).
• Bekah Ansboro leads a four-person rotation for George Mason having gone 7-7 with a team-best 2.32 ERA and 78 strikeouts. Kate Owsley ranks second on the team in ERA (2.42), while Marina Vitalich is 6-4 with a 3.08 ERA.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU softball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP