Saint Joseph's softball opens the road portion of its Atlantic 10 schedule this weekend as the Hawks head to St. Bonaventure for a three-game series starting on Saturday with a doubleheader at Joyce Field at noon.
Saturday, April 6 vs. St. Bonaventure, 12:00 p.m. | Live Stats
Saturday, April 6 vs. St. Bonaventure, 2:00 p.m. | Live Stats
Sunday, April 7 vs. St. Bonaventure, 12:00 p.m. | Live Stats
SAINT JOSEPH'S (15-15, 4-2 Atlantic 10)
• The Hawks travel to St. Bonaventure after splitting a doubleheader at Lehigh on Wednesday. Saint Joseph's is currently tied for third in the A-10 at 4-2 after taking one of three games against George Washington last weekend.
• Individually, junior Sarah Ostaszewski leads the Hawks in batting average (.390), hits (39) and runs scored (24), while classmate Caela Abadie has collected a team-best 28 RBI and is slugging .598 with a .341 batting average.
• Senior Ashley Ventura enters the weekend with a 9-10 overall record while pacing the SJU pitching staff in ERA (2.91), strikeouts (4350 and innings pitched (105.2). Rookie Amanda Herr is 4-1 in 19 appearances with 11 starts and currently ranks second on the team in ERA (3.55) and strikeouts (13), while sophomore Chelsea Evans is 2-3 in seven appearances, including a win in relief over Lehigh on Wednesday.
ST. BONAVENTURE (5-18, 2-3 Atlantic 10)
• The Bonnies host their first conference series of the season this weekend and are coming off a doubleheader split with Robert Morris on Wednesday. Standing at 2-3 in A-10 play, St. Bonaventure took two of three at La Salle last weekend after dropping a pair at Massachusetts to begin conference play the week before.
• Leading the Bonnies with a .344 batting average and .429 on-base percentage, Alexandra Deal has recorded a team-best 21 hits and ranks second in runs scored with 12, while Brooke Kane-Walker has collected a team-leading 12 runs batted in, five extra-base hits and eight runs scored while batting .303.
• In the circle, Rylee Hehir has gone 3-7 in 11 appearances with a team-best 31 strikeouts and a 6.86 ERA, with Ally Haskell going 1-5 with a 6.95 ERA in 11 appearances. Alyssa Yungwirth enters the weekend with a team-leading 3.91 ERA and is 0-2 in nine appearances.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU softball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP