The Saint Joseph's softball team returns home this weekend to host George Washington in a three-game Atlantic 10 series starting with a doubleheader on Saturday at the SJU Softball Field. All three games for the weekend will be streamed as part of the Atlantic 10's ESPN+ subscription package, with live stats available for each game free of charge.
Saturday, March 30 vs. George Washington, 12:00 p.m. | ESPN+ | Live Stats
Saturday, March 30 vs. George Washington, 2:00 p.m. | ESPN+ | Live Stats
Sunday, March 31 vs. George Washington, 12:00 p.m. | ESPN+ | Live Stats
SAINT JOSEPH'S (13-12, 3-0 Atlantic 10)
• The Hawks enter the weekend winners of four of their last five games. Last weekend, SJU swept its A-10 opening series versus Rhode Island with 2-1, 15-0 and 10-1 wins over the Rams. This past Wednesday, the Hawks split a doubleheader at Delaware as they dropped the opener, 6-1, but fought back for a 3-1 win in the nightcap.
• Junior Sarah Ostaszewski currently leads the Hawks in batting average (.359), and hits (31), while classmate Caela Abadie has collected a team-best 20 RBI and is tied with senior Taryn Grober for the lead in home runs (four).
• Named A-10 Pitcher of the Week on Monday, senior Ashley Ventura enters the weekend with an 8-8 overall record while leading the SJU pitching staff in ERA (3.01), strikeouts (43) and innings pitched (88.1). Rookie Amanda Herr is 4-1 in 15 appearances with nine starts and currently ranks second on the team in ERA (3.65) and strikeouts (13), while sophomore Chelsea Evans is 1-2 in five appearances, including a complete-game victory over Delaware on Wednesday.
GEORGE WASHINGTON (23-10, 1-2 Atlantic 10)
• The Colonials are coming off a doubleheader split with Morgan State on Wednesday as they dropped the opener, 5-4, but bounced back for an 8-1 win in game two. Last weekend, George Washington opened conference play at home going 1-2 versus reigning A-10 champion Fordham.
• George Washington enters the weekend atop the A-10 leaderboard in multiple categories, including team batting average (.361), runs scored (209) and home runs (25). Individually, Sierra Lange leads the Colonials with a .439 average; she has scored 29 times and collected 19 RBI, while Jenna Cone leads the conference in home runs (12), RBI (45) and slugging percentage (.817)
• In the circle, Lange has posted a 13-8 record with 2.64 ERA and a team-best 119 strikeouts. Faith Weber enters the weekend with a 3-0 record and a team-best 1.66 ERA, with Jayme Cone having posted a 3-0 record in 12 appearances and Kaitlin Buff is at 4-2 in 14 games.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU softball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP