SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS (7-15, 3-6 A-10)
GEORGE WASHINGTON COLONIALS (8-15, 5-5 A-10)
February 10, 2019 • 12:00 p.m.
Charles E. Smith Center • Washington D.C.
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Sr.) – 14.0 ppg, 3.5 apg
G - Kristalyn Baisden (Sr.) - 7.9 ppg, 1.5 rpg
G - Lula Roig (So.) – 6.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg
G - Katie Jekot (R-Fr.) - 7.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg
F - Whisper Fisher (Sr.) – 3.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg
Series vs. George Washington: George Washington leads 31-30
First Meeting: 2/7/81, SJU, 80-52
Last Meeting: 3/4/18, George Washington, 65-49
Coach Griffin vs. George Washington: 8-15
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• It’s a rematch of the 2018 Atlantic 10 Championship title game this Sunday as Saint Joseph’s travels to George Washington for a noon tip at the Charles E. Smith Center.
• Sunday marks the 62nd meeting between the two teams, with the Colonials holding a 31-30 edge in the series.
• George Washington has six straight over the Hawks, including a 65-49 victory in last year’s conference title game at the Richmond Coliseum.
• Sunday features two of the top defenses in the A-10 as the Hawks rank third in points allowed (57.7 ppg), while the Colonials rank fourth (58.0 ppg).
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off a thrilling 66-54 comeback victory over Davidson on Wednesday.
• Down by 14 points in the third period, the Hawks bounced back and outscored the Wildcats 27-6 in the fourth quarter to snap a three-game skid.
• The 27 points in the fourth quarter were SJU’s most in any quarter this season, and its most in a fourth quarter since it scored 28 in a 77-53 win at Bucknell on November 15, 2017.
• Senior guard Kristalyn Baisden matched her career-high with 23 points against Davidson and added a team-best four assists.
• Redshirt freshman Katie Jekot posted her fourth straight double-figure scoring performance on Wednesday as she finished with 11 points. Over the last four games, Jekot is averaging 15.3 points per game.
• SJU will be wearing pink shooting shirts this month as part of the Play4Kay program to help support breast cancer awareness.
The Hawks return home to host Massachusetts on Wednesday. Game time is set for 7 p.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP