SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS (4-10, 0-1 A-10)
SAINT LOUIS BILLIKENS (5-9, 0-1 A-10)
January 9, 2019 • 11:30 a.m.
Hagan Arena • Philadelphia, Pa.
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Sr.) – 11.7 ppg, 3.4 apg
G - Kristalyn Baisden (Sr.) - 4.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg
G - Lula Roig (So.) – 6.9 ppg, 2.6 rpg
F - Whisper Fisher (Sr.) – 4.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg
F - Katie Mayock (Fr.) – 7.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg
Series vs. Saint Louis: SJU leads 10-5
First Meeting: 1/13/06, SJU, 69-50
Last Meeting: 3/3/18, SJU, 58-49 (A-10 Championship Semifinals)
Coach Griffin vs. Saint Louis: 10-5
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph's returns to Hagan Arena to begin a two-game homestand this Wednesday versus Saint Louis in a Jesuit Basketball Spotlight matchup.
• The Hawks are holding their annual Education Day promotion on Wednesday, with more than 500 area school children expected.
• Tickets for the 11:30 a.m. matchup are free to all fans.
• Both SJU and Saint Louis enter Wednesday looking for their first Atlantic 10 win of the season. The Hawks dropped their conference opener at VCU on Saturday, 59-40, while the Billikens lost at Massachusetts, 70-66, on Sunday.
• Wednesday marks the 16th meeting between the two squads with Saint Joseph's holding a 10-5 edge in the series.
• The teams split a pair of contests last year as the Billikens won at home during the regular season, 96-73, while the Hawks avenged the loss with a 58-49 victory in the semifinals of the A-10 Championship.
• Saint Joseph’s fell to a 29-7 all-time in conference openers with its loss to the Rams.
• Making her first career start, sophomore Lula Roig scored a game-high 12 points versus VCU.
THE ROAD TO 1,000
Senior Alyssa Monaghan is nearing the 1,000-point plateau for her career. A four-year starter, Monaghan would become the 27th Hawks to reach 1,000 career points as she enters Wednesday just 10 points shy with 990 for her career.
Sophomore Lula Roig has taken on a bigger role in the Hawks' offense of late and is coming off a game-high 12 points at VCU. Over the last six contests, Roig has averaged 9.8 points per game, including a career-best 16 points versus Towson.
Freshman Katie Mayock has quickly established herself as one of the top post defenders in the Atlantic 10. Through 14 games, the rookie has posted a team-best 23 rejections and currently ranks second in the conference in blocks-per-game at 1.6
The Hawks remain home to host St. Bonaventure on Sunday. Game time is set for 2 p.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP