Fans attending Saint Joseph's men's and women's basketball games this season will be treated to a number of enhancements to the overall game experience in the 10th season of Hagan Arena, including the return of the popular "Fan Fest".
The season begins on Friday, November 9, with a doubleheaderas the SJU women's team will take on Temple at 5 p.m., while the men's team will host Old Dominion at 7:30 p.m.
Fan Experience Enhancements for 2018-19:
• A free public Wifi network — “Hagan Guest” — has been installed and is available to all fans. No login or personal identification is required to access this service, which is compatible with all common mobile devices. Multiple new access points provide coverage throughout Hagan Arena as well as interactivity for live statistics, out-of-town scores, video board photos and other digital content.
• The entire arena has been equipped with Eaton Ephesus LED Sports Lighting. This state-of-the-art system includes color tuning fixtures, RGB color options throughout the playing and seating areas, digital network controls, and photo metrics. In addition to enhanced broadcast quality and safety measures, the new system dramatically increases production capability and special effects within the arena.
• Last season's popular “Fan Fest” concept has been expanded to include alcohol sales at all men's and women's games. Beer and wine are available in two locations for men's games — the Multipurpose Room adjacent to the arena and the second level concourse at the front of the building — and for women's games at the main concourse concession stand (right). Legal identification is required and no alcohol will be permitted in the student section. Alcohol sales will conclude at the start of the second half of each contest.
• Weather permitting, the outdoor “Fan Fest” tailgate experience is scheduled as follows for the 2018-19 season: Friday, November 9, 6:30 p.m. (doubleheader); Saturday, December 1, 4 p.m. (men's game); Sunday, December 2, 1 p.m. (women's game); Friday, February 8, 5:30 p.m. (men's game); and Saturday, March 2, 2 to 5 p.m. (between games).
• The Hall of Fame Room has been completely refurbished as a V.I.P. entertainment and special events location. New contemporary furnishing, interior design enhancements, Hawk branding and Hall of Fame displays, and expanded digital technology make this the premier destination at Hagan Arena. Access to the new Hall of Fame Room is available via pre-determined giving levels of the Hawk Athletic Fund.