The Saint Joseph's women's soccer team caps non-conference play this week with a pair of home matches. The Hawks host rival Villanova at 7 p.m. on Thursday and Cornell on Sunday at 1 p.m., with both matches streamed on ESPN+.
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• The Hawks enter Thursday ranked ninth is this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region Poll. This week also marks the fourth straight week SJU has made an appearance in the regional poll.
• Saint Joseph's is currently 4-1-2 on the season and 2-0-1 at home, and are coming off a 5-1 victory over Bucknell on Sunday.
• Senior goalkeeper Grace Bendon tied Allison Ebling's program record for career wins (23) on Sunday.
• Senior Hannah Racis, who had two goals and an assist against Bucknell, currenlty leads SJU in goals (three) and points (eight).
• Freshmen Aleksa Peev and Mackenzie Ehresman and junior Morgan Bower each has scored two goals apiece.
ABOUT THE WILDCATS
• Villanova enters Thursday's match at 4-3-0, but are coming off a 3-0 loss to Virginia Tech on Friday.
• The Wildcats are currently 2-2-0 on the road with wins at LSU and Brown and losses at Clemson and Lafayette.
• Freshman Chloe O'Neill leads Villanova in assists (three) and points (seven) and is tied with sophomore Bri Austin for the team lead in goals (two).
• Rookie goalkeeper Hensley Hancuff leads Villanova with a 0.90 goals-against-average and has gone 3-2-0 with 20 saves in six appearances.
ABOUT THE BIG RED
• Cornell enters the week at 1-4-0 overall and are coming off a 1-0 loss to Le Moyne on Sunday.
• The Big Red won their season-opening match against St. Bonaventure, 2-1 in overtime, but have dropped each of their next four matches.
• Junior Kaili Gregory, sophomore Naomi Jaffe, freshman Aidan Julia Reineman are tied for the team lead in scoring with a goal apiece.
• In net, senior Meghan Kennedy has posted a team-best 23 saves and .767 save percentage, while junior Chrissy Mayer has posted a team-leading 1.00 goals-against-average.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's soccer with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP