The Saint Joseph's women's soccer team returns home to begin a five game homestand starting this Thursday when the Hawks host Drexel at 7 p.m. Thursday's match, along with the remainder of the Hawks' schedule, will be streamed on ESPN+.
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph's dropped its first match of the year last Friday in a 3-0 loss at #20 Princeton.
• Despite the loss, the Hawks were ranked in the United Soccer Coaches East Region Poll for the third straight week as SJU was slotted eighth.
• Saint Joseph's is currently 3-1-1 on the season and 1-0-0 at home.
• Senior goalkeeper Grace Bendon is tied for second all-time in wins (22) and enters Thursday just one shy of the all-time mark (23).
• Sophomore Morgan Bower and freshman Mackenzie Ehresman are tied for the team lead in goals (two) and points (four).
ABOUT THE DRAGONS
• Drexel enters Thursday's match winners of three straight and 3-1-2 overall.
• The Dragons are coming off wins over La Salle (1-0 2OT), St. John's (2-1) and Maryland (1-0 OT).
• Senior Shaelyn McCarty and redshirt senior Kiera Hennessy enter Thursday tied for the team lead in goals (three), with McCarty also pacing the squad in points with seven.
• Junior goalkeeper Libby Baeza has played every minute between the pipes for Drexel and posted a 0.75 goals-against-average to go with 27 saves.
• Drexel is currently ranked sixth in the United Soccer Coaches East Region Poll.
ABOUT THE BISON
• Bucknell enters the week at 2-3-1 overall and host William & Mary on Thursday before heading to Hawk Hill on Sunday.
• The Bison earned a 0-0 double overtime draw with Saint Francis (Pa.) on Sunday and are currently 0-2-1 on the road this season.
• Sophomore Jenna Marek has paced Bucknell with a team-best two goals and four points.
• In goal, junior Theresa Adu-Attobrah has posted a 0.64 goals-against-average and made 39 saves.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's soccer with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP