The Saint Joseph's women's soccer team opens its 2018 season this weekend with a match at Temple on Friday at 6 p.m., followed by the Hawks' home opener against Lehigh on Sunday at 1 p.m.
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• The Hawks were picked to finish sixth in the Atlantic 10 in the conference's preseason poll.
• Seniors Paige Bergman and Dakota Mills were named to the Preseason All-Conference Team.
• Bergman enters the season one assist shy of matching the program's career mark for assists, 18, held by Ellen Stenrud.
• Senior goalkeeper Grace Bendon begins the year fifth all-time in wins (19), just four shy of the all-time mark (23).
• Last year's leading scorer, Gabrielle Vagnozzi, is tied for fourth all-time in career assists with 14.
• Saint Joseph's posted an 11-6-3 overall record in 2017 and advanced to the semifinals of the Atlantic 10 Championship.
• The Hawks return 18 letterwinners, including 10 starters.
• SJU is 11-10-1 in season openers and have won its last five openers.
ABOUT THE OWLS
• Temple posted a 6-10-2 mark in 2017 and went 5-4-0 at home.
• Temple was picked to finish 10th in the American Athletic Conference's preseason poll.
• Senior Kerri McGinley is the top returning scorer for the Owls and is coming off a four-goal, two-assist season in 2017.
• In goal, junior starter Morgan Basileo is looking to improve upon a solid sophomore campaign in which she posted a 1.52 goals against average and 69 saves.
ABOUT THE MOUNTAIN HAWKS
• Lehigh opens its 2018 season on Sunday against SJU.
• The Mountain Hawks were picked to finish fifth in the Patriot League based on the conference's preseason poll.
• Junior Maggie Wadsworth was named to the All-Patriot League Preseason Team after a sophomore season in which she finished second on the team in points (11) and tied for the team lead in goals (five).