SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS (18-14)
at SETON HALL PIRATES (16-15)
March 14, 2018 • 7:00 p.m.
Walsh Gymnasium • South Orange, N.J. • WNIT First Round
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
F - Adashia Franklyn (Sr.) – 9.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg
F - Amanda Fioravanti (Grad.) – 10.2 ppg, 5.8 rpg
G/F - Sarah Veilleux (Jr.) – 12.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg
G/F - Chelsea Woods (Sr.) – 15.3 ppg, 7.6 rpg
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Jr.) – 9.9 ppg, 3.8 apg
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph's is making its 11th appearance in the Postseason Women's National Invitation Tournament as the Hawks head to Seton Hall for a First Round matchup on Wednesday.
• The Hawks earned their second-straight Postseason WNIT berth and 10th overall under head coach Cindy Griffin.
• Over her 17 seasons, Griffin has led SJU to 12 postseason appearances, including the NCAA Tournament in 2013 and 20014, and has posted a 7-11 mark.
• Saint Joseph's is 7-10 all-time in Postseason WNIT play.
• Wednesday's contest will be streamed for freee on the Pirate Sports Network, with free live audio provided by the Saint Joseph's Sports Network.
• SJU has earned a postseason berth in 28 of its 45 seasons as a Division I program.
• Wednesday's contest marks the 33rd game for the Hawks this season, matching the program's single-season mark for games played. SJU has previously played 33 games in 2003-04, 2006-07, 2011-12 and 2013-14.
• Graduate student Amanda Fioravanti and senior Adashia Franklyn enter Wednesday having played in all 32 games this season, and would become the 25th and 26th players in team history to play 33 games in a single-season.
LAST TIME OUT
• Sixth seed Saint Joseph’s advanced to the title game of the 2018 Atlantic 10 Championship before falling to fifth seed George Washington, 65-49 at the Richmond Coliseum.
• The 2018 Atlantic 10 Championship marked the 12th time the Hawks advanced to the title game, with Saint Joseph's going 3-9 in those contests.
• Senior guard/forward Chelsea Woods was named to the Atlantic 10 All-Championship Team.
• Saint Joseph's and George Washington both went 24-of-51 from the field in the title game, but the Colonials finished 5-of-12 from three-point range and 12-of-12 from the foul line, while the Hawks went 0-of-8 and 1-of-3, respectively.
• SJU was held to no three-point field goals for the fourth time this season.
• Graduate student Amanda Fioravanti led the Hawks with a team-best 12 points.
SJU VERSUS SETON HALL
• The Pirates hold an 8-4 edge in the all-time series over the Hawks.
• Seton Hall has won four straight over SJU and are 3-0 at Walsh Gymnasium versus the Hawks.
• In the last meeting, the Pirates topped the Hawks, 66-54, on November 21, 2015 at Hagan Arena.
• Saint Joseph's last win over the Pirates was a 72-48 victory at Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse on november 30, 2005.
• The two teams have previously met in the Postseason WNIT, with SJU earning a 68-61 victory in a Second Round matchup on March 21, 2004.
• SJU head coach Cindy Griffin is 3-6 all-time versus Seton Hall, including a 1-1 mark during her tenure at Loyola Maryland.
• March 17-20, 2018. The winner of Wednesday's matchup between the Hawks and Pirates will advance to face either West Virginia or Bucknell in the Second Round of the 2018 Postseason WNIT. Date, site and time will be announced at a later point.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP