6TH SEED SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS (16-13)
vs. 3RD SEED FORDHAM RAMS (22-8)
March 2, 2018 • 7:00 p.m.
Richmond Coliseum • Richmond, Va.
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
F - Adashia Franklyn (Sr.) – 9.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg
F - Amanda Fioravanti (Grad.) – 10.1 ppg, 6.0 rpg
G/F - Sarah Veilleux (Jr.) – 13.7 ppg, 3.7 rpg
G/F - Chelsea Woods (Sr.) – 15.5 ppg, 7.8 rpg
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Jr.) – 10.3 ppg, 3.8 apg
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Sixth seed Saint Joseph's advanced to the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship with a 72-63 win over 11th seed VCU on Tuesday.
• The Hawks will face third seed Fordham at 7 p.m. on Friday in the quarterfinals of the A-10 Championship.
• Friday's contest will be streamed for free on the Atlantic 10 Network.
• The Hawks are making their 36th A-10 Championship appearance.
• Saint Joseph's is 46-32 all-time in A-10 Championship play and have won the conference title three times (1997, 1999, 2013).
• The Hawks have advanced to the quarterfinals 34 times, the semifinals 20 times and the championship game 11 times.
• SJU's 46 wins in A-10 Championship play are the most in conference history.
LAST TIME OUT
• Saint Joseph’s downed 11th seed VCU, 72-63, on Tuesday in an A-10 Championship First Round contest at Hagan Arena.
• Senior Chelsea Woods scored a career-high 33 points, the most points by a Hawk since Ayahna Cornish's 35 at Dayton on February 17, 2007, and the most by a SJU player in an A-10 Championship game since Dale Hodges' 35 against West Virginia on March 9, 1990 in a semifinal contest.
• The Hawks finished the game going 26-of-29 from the foul line, including 18-of-21 in the fourth quarter.
• Junior Alyssa Monaghan scored 12 points versus VCU, going 12-for-12 from the foul line, to match a program record for proficiency held by Mary Sue Garrity, Angela Zampella and current assistant coach Stephanie McCaffrey.
• Tuesday marked the first time SJU faced VCU in the Atlantic 10 Championship. The only other current A-10 team the Hawks have yet to play in the conference tournament is Davidson.
SJU VERSUS FORDHAM
• The Hawks hold a 37-9 edge in the all-time series over Fordham.
• Friday marks the second time within a week's time that SJU and the Rams have played, with the Hawks earning a 52-50 win at Fordham on Saturday thanks to a game-winning layup by Chelsea Woods with :01 to play.
• The last 10 games have been decided by 10 points or fewer.
• Friday marks the seventh meeting between SJU and the Rams in the A-10 Championship, with the Hawks going 6-0 in those previous games.
• SJU head coach Cindy Griffin is 23-8 all-time versus Fordham
• March 3, 2018. The winner of Friday's matchup between the Hawks and Rams will advance to face either second seed Duquesne of seventh seed Saint Louis in the semifinals 1:30 p.m. at the Richmond Coliseum. The game will be televised nationally on the CBS Sports Network.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP