SAINT JOSEPH’S HAWKS (8-8, 3-1 A-10) at MASSACHUSETTS MINUTEWOMEN (8-8, 0-3 A-10)
January 13, 2018 • 2:00 p.m.
Mullins Center • Amherst, Mass.
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
F - Adashia Franklyn (Sr.) – 9.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg
F - Amanda Fioravanti (Grad.) – 9.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg
G/F - Sarah Veilleux (Jr.) – 14.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg
G/F - Chelsea Woods (Sr.) – 13.9 ppg, 8.1 rpg
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Jr.) – 10.9 ppg, 3.9 apg
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph's begins a two-game road swing starting Saturday at Massachusetts.
• Senior Chelsea Woods is coming off her fourth-straight double-double and is averaging 16.5 points and 10.8 rebounds per game in A-10 matchups.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Hawks are coming off an 81-72 victory over Richmond on Wednesday in which they improved to 3-1 in the Atlantic 10 and 8-8 overall.
• Senior guard/forward Chelsea Woods became the 26th Hawk to reach 1,000 career points on Wednesday. She enters the weekend with 1,005 career points, and can jump up to 24th place with five points.
• SJU head coach Cindy Griffin became just the fourth Atlantic 10 coach to reach 150 conference wins as the Hawks’ win over the Spiders lifted her record in conference games to 150-96.
• Junior guard/forward Sarah Veilleux matched her career-high with 25 points against Richmond.
SJU VERSUS MASSACHUSETTS
• Saturday’s matchup with Massachusetts is the 59th meeting between the two programs, with the Hawks holding a 48-10 edge in the all-time series.
• For SJU, the 58 contests versus the Minutewomen are the fourth-most versus any opponent in program history, trailing only George Washington (59), Rhode Island (61) and Temple (80).
• SJU head coach Cindy Griffin is 13-4 all-time versus Massachusetts.
• January 21, 2018 at Saint Louis. The Hawks have a week off between games before heading to Saint Louis nest Saturday.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP