PHILADELPHIA - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team opens postseason play this Friday as the Hawks host Virginia in the First Round of the 2017 WNIT. Game time is set for 7 p.m. at Hagan Arena, with free video stream provided on the Atlantic 10 Network.
Tickets for Friday will be available the day of the game at the SJU Box Office at Hagan Arena. Cost for the WNIT First Round matchup are $10 for adults, $5 for students and $2 for groups.
• The Hawks will make their 10th Postseason WNIT appearance this Friday, and ninth under head coach Cindy Griffin.
• Saint Joseph's has previously made the Postseason WNIT in 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
• The Hawks have a 7-9 all-time record in the Postseason WNIT.
• Saint Joseph's advanced the Second Round of the Postseason WNIT in its previous appearance in 2012 as it beat Boston University before falling in overtime to VCU.
• In 2004, the Hawks made their deepest run in the Postseason WNIT as they advanced to the quarterfinals before losing at Iowa State, 66-58.
• This season marks the 27th postseason tournament appearance for the Hawks in their 44 years as a Division I program.
• Head Coach Cindy Griffin has now guided the Hawks to 11 postseason tournament appearances during her 16 seasons at SJU. Griffin's 11 postseason appearances are the most by any Saint Joseph's head coach in program history.
• The Hawks enter Friday with a 10-5 record at Hagan Arena this year and have won nine straight on Hawk Hill.
• This season marks the first time Saint Joseph's has gone undefeated at home (8-0) during Atlantic 10 play under head coach Cindy Griffin.
• Saint Joseph's is 7-4 all-time at home in Postseason WNIT games.
• Friday will mark the ninth meeting between Saint Joseph's and Virginia.
• Each team has won four games apiece in the all-time series.
• The two teams have previously met in the Postseason WNIT as the Cavaliers topped the Hawks, 48-42, in the First Round of the WNIT on Macch 18, 2016 in Charlottesville, Virginia.