FAIRFAX, Va. - The Saint Joseph's women's tennis team picked up their third-straight win against Atlantic 10 opposition as the Hawks topped George Mason, 5-2, Tuesday afternoon. Saint Joseph's, which has beat Rhode Island, Fordham and now the Patriots in the past four days, improved to 11-7 with the win.
Switching to singles matches, Saint Joseph's bounced back with wins in five of the six flights. Davis bounced back after dropping the first set at the top flight for a 4-6, 7-5, 6-4 win over Brittany Pilkington.
Kristina Eisenbrand picked up a convincing 6-3, 6-0 win at the second flight, while Devi Jadeja battled to a 6-4, 7-5 win over Ashley Delaney at the third flight. Plauying at the fourth flight, Kelly Mulquin earned a 6-1, 6-3 decision over Marijke Boers, while Arianne Polatnick closed out the fifth win for the Hawks with a strong 7-5, 6-0 victory against Mina Saygi at the final flight.
"Losing the doubles point did not stop our ladies as they won five of six singles," said head coach Ian Crookenden. "A come from behind win by Aurora , and consistent performances again by Devi and Kelly and Arianne and a rewarding win for Kristina moved the Hawks to a guaranteed winning A-10 record."
Saint Joseph's returns to action tomorrow when it hosts La Salle.
1. Aurora Davis / Alex Zachem (SJU) def. Ashley Delaney / Brittany Pilkington (GMU) 8-3
2. Morgan Yang / Olivia Lacy -Thompson (GMU) def. Kristina Eisenbrand / Sarah Contrata (SJU) 8-6
3. Marijke Boers / Mina Saygi (GMU) def. Devi Jadeja / Lauren Roy (SJU) 8-6
1. Aurora Davis (SJU) def. Brittany Pilkington (GMU) 4-6, 7-5, 6-4
2. Kristina Eisenbrand (SJU) def. Morgan Yang (GMU) 6-3, 6-0
3. Devi Jadeja (SJU) def. Ashley Delaney (GMU) 6-4, 7-5
4. Kelly Mulquin (SJU) def. Marijke Boers (GMU) 6-1, 6-3
5. Olivia Lacy -Thompson (GMU) def. Claire Minnoe (SJU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Arianne Polatnick (SJU) def. Mina Saygi (GMU) 7-5, 6-0