HAMDEN, Conn. - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team plays the second of four straight road games this Sunday when the Hawks head to Quinnipiac Sunday afternoon. Game time is set for 1 p.m. with live audio broadcast provided courtesy of the Saint Joseph's Sports Network.
GAME STORIES . . .
• Saint Josephʼs has won four straight and are 2-1 on the road this season.
• The Hawks had four people score in double figures in their win over the Tigers, led by
Erin Shieldsʼ 18 points.
• Sundayʼs meeting with Quinnipiac is just the second contest between the two teams
with the Hawks winning the first matchup, 71-54, on January 3, 2013 at TD Bank Sports
• Sophomore forward Sarah Fairbanks was named Big 5 Player of the Week after posting
back-to-back 20 point performances against Drexel and Liberty.
• Fairbanks and classmate Ciara Andrews have taken on larger roles this season and
already eclipsed their scoring outputs from last year. Fairbanks currently has tallied 103
points after scoring 49 as a rookie, while Andrews has recorded 58 points compared to
just 20 a season ago.
• Sundayʼs contest is the third straight game in which Saint Josephʼs has faced a team
that won its league last year. Liberty was the reigning Big South champs, while the
Tigers captured the Ivy League title last year and Quinnipiac won the NEC.
• Senior Erin Shields fell one free throw shy of matching the SJU record for consecutive
makes. Shields missed her first free throw of the year at Princeton on Tuesday, halting
her run at 34, one shy of her aunt, Ellen Shieldsʼ, record of 35.
SERIES HISTORY - Saint Josephʼs vs. Quinnipiac
All-Time Series: SJU Leads 1-0
Last Meeting: 1/3/12, 71-54, SJU
Last SJU Win: 1/3/12, 71-54
Last QU Win: ---
Current SJU Streak: W-1