LEWISBURG, Pa. - Saint Joseph's women's basketball team heads to Bucknell on Wednesday as the Hawks continue their three-game road swing to open the 2017-18 season. Audio for the game will be available online on the Saint Joseph's Sports Network, with stream of the game provided by the Patriot Legaue on Stadium.
GAME STORIES . . .
• Wednesday's 6 p.m. contest is the fifth meeting all-time between the Hawks and Bison.
• Saint Joseph's holds a 3-1 edge in the series, but Bucknell won the last meeting, 64-61, last year at Hagan Arena.
• Saint Joseph's is coming off a 93-69 win at Niagara on Sunday in its season opener.
• The 93 points setting a new program high for points scored in an opener for the Hawks.
• The Hawks improved to 29-16 all-time in season openers with Sunday's win and are now 8-7 all-time when opening the season on the road.
• As a team, SJU shot 61.4 percent from the field (35-of-57) and 75 percent from three-point range (15-of-20).
• Junior guard Alyssa Monaghan scored a career-best 23 points at Niagara as she went 8-of-8 from the floor and matched Mégan Compain's program's single-game mark for three-point proficiency going 7-of-7 from behind the arc.
• Junior guard Kristalyn Baisden posted a career-high 19 point versus the Purple Eagles.
• Wednesday marks the second meeting between the two teams at Sojka Pavilion. The Hawks won the previous contest, 59-55, as Ayahna Cornish and Hillary Klimowicz combined for 33 points and 22 rebounds.
• The Bison outscored SJU 25-20 in the fourth quarter in last year’s matchup to earn a 64-61 win.
• Adashia Franklyn led four Hawks in double figures with 18 points last season.
• SJU’s four turnovers versus Bucknell were a season low in 2016-17.
• Sunday’s season opener at Niagara was a special one for senior Avery Marz. After missing the previous three years recovering from a stroke she suffered on move-in day her freshman season, Marz appeared in her first college game versus the Purple Eagles and finished with three points and two rebounds.
• Saint Joseph’s three-straight road games marks the first time since 1974-75 that they have opened a season with three road contests.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP