ST. LOUIS - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team begins a two game road swing this Sunday at Saint Louis. The game, set for a 4 p.m. Eastern tip, will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network.
GAME STORIES . . .
• The Hawks and Billikens will meet for the 13th time as SJU enters the matchup with an 8-4 edge in the all-time series.
• Saint Louis has won the past three meetings with the Hawks though, including a 77-66 victory in the last game on January 20, 2016 at Hagan Arena.
• Saint Joseph’s and Saint Louis enter Sunday as two of the top three-point shooting teams in the Atlantic 10 with the Hawks hitting 35.1 percent and the Billikens 35.7 percent.
• This weekend is the first ever Jesuit Basketball Weekend with Sunday’s game marking one of 10 games nationally that will feature two Jesuit institutions.
• The Hawks are coming off a thrilling 60-58 win over Duquesne on Wednesday in which senior Jaryn Garner hit the game-winning jumper with 11.2 seconds to play.
• Saint Joseph’s junior Adashia Franklyn posted a career-high 23 points and grabbed 16 rebounds in Wednesday’s win over the Dukes.
• The Hawks have won three straight, and seven of their last eight.
• Saint Joseph’s last won seven of eight conference games in 2012-13 as the Hawks opened A-10 play with a 7-1 record en route to finishing 11-3 and capturing the A-10 championship.
Series History Saint Joseph’s vs. Saint Louis
All-Time Series: SJU leads 8-4
Last Meeting: 1/20/16, SLU, 77-66
Last SJU Win: 1/20/13, 69-38
Last Saint Louis Win: 1/20/16, 77-66
Current SJU Streak: L-3