PHILADELPHIA - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team opens the home portion of its Atlantic 10 schedule this Saturday when the Hawks host Massachusetts at 2 p.m. at Hagan Arena.
Saturday's contest will be streamed on the Atlantic 10 Network for a fee, with free audio available.
GAME STORIES . . .
• Saturday’s matchup with the Minutewomen is the 58th meeting between the two clubs.
• SJU holds a 47-10 edge in the all-time series and won last year’s matchup, 62-58, at the Mullins Center.
• The Hawks are looking to snap a five-game losing streak and earn their first conference win of the season.
• On Wednesday, the Hawks dropped a hard-fought battle at George Washington, 53-44.
• Sophomore Kristalyn Baisden scored a team-high 12 points versus the Colonials to mark the first time in her career she has led the Hawks in scoring.
• SJU junior forward Adashia Franklyn set a new single-game rebounding record for the Hawks at Richmond last Saturday as she tallied 25 boards. Named Big 5 Player of the Week, Franklyn passed the previous mark of 21 rebounds set by Chatilla van Grinsven, Dale Hodges and Trish Brown.
• SJU will be wearing yellow shoe laces in support of the Lace up for Pediatric Cancer initiative.
Series History Saint Joseph’s vs. Massachusetts
All-Time Series: SJU Leads 47-10
Last Meeting: 1/6/16, SJU, 62-58
Last SJU Win: 1/6/16, 62-58
Last UMass Win: 1/10/15, 65-47
Current SJU Streak: W-1