PHILADELPHIA - Fourth-seeded Hobart's Jake McHenry scored the double-overtime game-winning goal with 2:22 remaining the second overtime period to earn a 10-9 double-overtime victory over the top-seeded Saint Joseph's men's lacrosse team in the 2014 Northeast Conference semi-finals on Thursday afternoon. Saint Joseph's concludes the regular season 11-4 overall and boasted an undefeated 6-0 league record in its inaugural season in the Northeast Conference.

Saint Joseph's jumped out to a 4-2 lead through the first period and added three of the second period's first four goals to take a 7-3 lead into the final 3:49 of the first half. Freshman attackman Michael Rastivo scored four of SJU's seven goals during the run as the rookie was explosive in the first half of play.

With just under three minutes to play in the second period, Hobart (5-9) saw Taylor Vanderbeek tally his first goal of the game to close the deficit, 7-4. Hobart then scored the first two goals of the third to pull to withink two, 7-6, at the 9:44 mark.

Just over three minutes later, Saint Joseph's redshirt junior attackman Ryan McGee found Rastivo for the rookie's fifth goal of the game and 27th of the season to put the Hawks back up two, 8-6.

However, Hobart's Max Romm netted a Statesmen goal with 3:38 to play in the third to once again pull the visitor's to within one.

The Hawks and Statesmen battled for the entirety of the fourth period until Hobart's Cooper Stefaniak netted the equalizer with 5:31 remaining in regulation.

Saint Joseph's would strike back as McGee, the 2014 NEC Offensive Player of the Year, fired a shot past Hobart's Peter Zonino to put the Hawks back ahead, 9-8, with 2:06 separating the Hawks from the championship game.

A Saint Joseph's one-minute cross-check penalty charged with 21 seconds to play would give the Statesmen a man-up opportunity in their final offensive possession, and Jake McHenry found Vanderbeek, who scored the equalizer with 11 seconds to play and to send the game into its first of two overtimes.

For the game, Saint Joseph's owned a 50-34 advantage in shots sparked by a 15-4 dominance in the first period. The Hawks also owned a 34-25 edge in ground balls - winning 10 of 13 total ground balls in the fourth period - and forced 16 Hobart turnovers while committing just 11. Each team won 11 possessions from the circle.

Rastivo led the way with his career-best five goals while McGee (1G, 2A) also added a multi-point effort. Freshman midfielder Danny Manning went 10-of-19 from the X and earned four ground balls on the day while junior defensemen Kevin Barrow (4GB) and Will Farrell (3GB, 4CT) were also solid on the defensive end.

Freshman goalkeeper T.J. Jones (5-2) made seven saves in a full-game effort.

The game marks the final collegiate appearances of seniors Will Abbott, Billy Annesley, Jack Moran, and Johnny Simanski.

Hobart will now advance to face #20 Bryant in the NEC Championship game on Saturday, May 1 at 1:00 p.m. on Sweeney Field.