VILLANOVA, Pa. - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team puts its six-game win streak on the line Saturday as the Hawks travel to Big 5 rival Villanova. Game time is set for 2 p.m., with live audio provided free on the Saint Joseph's Sports Network.
GAME STORIES . . .
• The Hawks cap their four game road swing this Saturday as they travel to Big 5 rival Villanova.
• Saint Joseph’s has won six straight overall and are 4-1 on the road this season.
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off a 73-53 victory at Temple on Wednesday as junior guard Natasha Cloud led the way with a career-best 21 points and 13 assists.
• Cloud has posted back-to-back games with 13 assists, good for the third-highest total over a two game stretch in SJU history. Angela Zampella holds the top two spots with 28 (16 vs. Air Force 12/28/99; 12 vs. Loyola (Md.) 12/29/99) and 27 (17 vs. St. Bonaventure 1/15/01; 10 vs. Dayton 1/19/01).
• Saturday is the second straight Big 5 game for the Hawks. They have won four consecutive city series games dating back to last year.
• SJU enters Saturday second all-time in wins in the Big 5 (99-35), one behind Villanova (100), and have won a share of 15 Big 5 titles, the most recent in 2008-09.
• The Hawks hold a 24-14 edge in the all-time series against the Wildcats, but have lost the last two meetings.
• Saint Joseph’s has lost five straight games at The Pavilion and are 10-9 all-time at Villanova.
• The Hawks have outscored opponents by 44 points in the second half of their last two games. SJU outscored Temple 39-21 on Wednesday’s second half and outscored Quinnipiac 53-27 on Sunday.
Series History - Saint Joseph’s vs. Villanova
All-Time Series: SJU leads 24-14*
Last Meeting: 12/8/12, VU, 55-51
Last SJU Win: 12/29/10, 75-40
Last VU Win: 12/8/12, 55-51
Current SJU Streak: L-2