PRINCETON, N.J. - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team begins a four game road swing starting this Tuesday at Princeton. Game time is set for 5:30 p.m. with live audio broadcast provided by the Saint Joseph's Sports Network.
GAME STORIES . . .
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off a 77-65 victory over Liberty on Saturday and have won three straight overall.
• The Hawks had three people score in double figures in their win over Liberty, led by Sarah Fairbanks’ 20 points.
• Fairbanks is coming off back-to-back 20 point performances and is averaging a team best 17.4 points per game this year.
• Saint Joseph’s matchup with Princeton this Tuesday is the 12th meeting between the two teams.
• The Hawks hold a 9-2 edge in the series, but have dropped the last two contests to the Tigers.
• Tuesday’s contest is the second straight game in which Saint Joseph’s has faced a team that won its league last year. Saturday’s opponent, Liberty is the reigning Big South champs, while the Tigers are coming off their fourth straight Ivy League title.
• Senior Erin Shields is nearing the SJU record for consecutive free throws made. Shields, who is 19-for-19 from the line this season, has made 33 straight free throws dating back to the Hawks’ win at Duquesne last February 13.
• SJU’s record for most consecutive free throws made is 35, set by Ellen Fitzpatrick (nee Shields) - the mother of SJU freshman Kathleen Fitzpatrick and aunt of senior Erin Shields - to start the 1988-89 season.
Series History - Saint Joseph’s vs. Princeton
All-Time Series: SJU Leads 9-22
Last Meeting: 11/12/12, 69-59 Princeton
Last SJU Win: 70-61 2OT, 12/19/10
Last Princeton Win: 11/12/12, 69-59
Current SJU Streak: L-2