PHILADELPHIA - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team puts its two-game win streak on the line this Saturday when the Hawks host liberty at 2 p.m. at Hagan Arena. Saint Joseph's is coming off a 70-52 victory against Drexel on Wednesday and are 2-0 at home this season.• Saint Joseph's Game Notes
• Live Streaming
• Live Stats
• Live Audio
GAME STORIES . . .
• The Hawks take a two-game win streak into Saturday’s matchup versus Liberty.
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off a 70-52 victory over Drexel on Wednesday.
• The Hawks are currently 2-0 at home this season and outscoring opponents by an average of 23 points per game, 77.5-54.5.
• Saturday’s game versus Liberty is the first meeting between the two teams. It also marks the first time Saint Joseph’s has faced a team in the current Big South Conference.
• Saturday’s contest will also feature two reigning league champions as Liberty won the Big South title last season, while the Hawks claimed the A-10 championship.
• The Lady Flames are the second team this season SJU has faced for the first time ever. The Hawks are facing three new teams this year, with a road trip to Florida Gulf Coast on December 29 capping the trio.
• Sophomore Sarah Fairbanks (18 points) is coming off back-to-back career nights. The starting forward had a then career-high 18 points in SJU’s overtime win at Wichita State, and followed with 21 points on 9-of-12 shooting and 3-of-3 from the foul line in Wednesday’s victory against Drexel.
• The Hawks had five players score in double figures against Wichita State, marking the second time they have done so this season. Last year, SJU had five players reach double figures just twice over 32 games.
Series History - Saint Joseph’s vs. Liberty
All-Time Series: First Meeting