How It Happened
• In a contest that featured 10 ties and five lead changes, Saint Joseph's pulled away in the final minutes as the Hawks ended the game on a 10-5 run.
• Tied at 76-76, Taylor Funk put Saint Joseph's ahead by two as Bradley was called for a goaltending on a layup.
• Falling behind 80-76, the Braves made it a one-point game on a three-pointer by Darrell Brown with 1:43 to go.
• The Hawks pushed the lead to 83-79, but Bradley again answered to make it 83-81 on a pair of free throws by Nate Kennell with 14 seconds remaining.
• Ryan Daly hit two free throws to push the lead to four, and following a turnover by Bradley, Lorenzo Edwards knocked down a free throw with six seconds left to seal the victory.
• The win marks the first for first-year head coach Billy Lange at Saint Joseph's.
• The Hawks are now 83-26 all-time in season-opening games.
Behind The Boxscore
• Saint Joseph's scored 38 points in the paint to Bradley's 28.
• The Hawks finished the game shooting 41.9 percent from the floor (26-62), including 19.4 percent from three-point range (6-31).
• At the line, Saint Joseph's took advantage of its trips going 28-32 for 87.5 percent.
• Bradley finished the game shooting 39 percent from the field (30-77), 45 percent from three-point range (9-20) and hit 12-15 from the foul line.
• The Hawks held the Braves to just 28.6 percent shooting in the second half.
• Ryan Daly went 9-20 from the field and 8-9 from the foul line in his SJU debut.
• Myles Douglas finished with 18 points in his first action since his rookie year at UCF in 2017-18
• Rookie Cameron Brown finished with 11 points and seven rebounds in his first collegiate action.
• Lorenzo Edwards grabbed seven board, added two blocked shots and scored 12 points in a starting role.
The Hawks head to Old Dominion this Sunday. Tip time is set for 2 p.m.