The Saint Joseph's women's soccer team got back into the win column with a 1-0 victory over rival La Salle on Sunday at Sweeney Field. Graduate student Dakota Mills tallied the game-winning goal in the 59th minute, while senior Cameron Perrott posted her third clean sheet of the year.
How It Happened
• After a scoreless first half, graduate student Dakota Mills gave the Hawks a 1-0 at 58:22 off feeds from Kylie D'Ambra and Sofia Filippo.
• Senior goalkeeper Cameron Perrott and the Saint Joseph's defense kept La Salle at a distance all day, limiting the Explorers to just one shot on goal.
• Perrott made one save to improve to 3-4-0 on the season.
• The Hawks finished with a 13-10 edge in shots and 3-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• With the win, Saint Joseph's improved to 2-3-0 in the Atlantic 10, and 5-7-1 overall.
The Hawks remain at home to host Duquesne on Sunday, October 13 at 1 p.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's soccer with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP