Despite clutch free throws from Lamarr Kimble late in two overtime periods, Saint Joseph's fell to Fordham, 86-83, on a three-pointer as time expired in the second overtime.

Antwoine Anderson hit a three-pointer as time expired in the second overtime to lift Fordham to the victory over Saint Joseph’s (10-12; 3-7 A-10) in Atlantic 10 action at Hagan Arena.

SJU’s Lamarr Kimble made a pair of free throws with seven seconds to go to tie the contest, 83-83, but on the inbounds pass, the Rams got the ball to Anderson who dribbled up court and launched the winning shot from well beyond the arc.

Fordham (10-13; 4-6) trailed by 15 points, 52-37, with 9:44 left in the second half. The Rams outscored Saint Joseph’s, 25-9, from that point on and took a 62-61 lead on a three-pointer by Chris Sengfelder with 19.4 seconds to go. Fordham shot 53.8 percent from the field in the half, while holding SJU to a 9-for-27 effort.

Kimble answered with his own three-pointer from near the top of the key with 7.2 seconds left to give SJU a 64-62 lead. Saint Joseph’s had a foul to give and with Fordham inbounding at 5.1 seconds, Joseph Chartouny drove in for a layup, to tie the game, 64-64, with one second to go.

In the first overtime, Fordham appeared to put the game away, scoring six straight points as a dunk by Javontae Hawkins gave the Rams a 70-64 lead at 1:12. But SJU’s Chris Clover connected on a three-pointer, and after a pair of free throws by Anderson kept Fordham ahead, 72-67, the Hawks’ James Demery converted a three-point play to pull SJU within 72-70. The teams traded free throws, as well as misses, and Clover drove in for a layup at :13 to bring SJU within 75-73. Fordham’s Will Tavares missed a pair of free throws at :11 and Kimble sent the game into the second overtime when he made two free throws with five seconds left.

Anderson topped Fordham with 20 points and six assists with Prokop Slanina added 15 points. Sengfelder and Chartouny scored 12 for Fordham, which had four players foul out in the game. Tavares had 10 points for the Rams, which captured their first win over SJU in Philadelphia since Dec. 3, 1990, ending a 16-game home winning streak for the Hawks.

Kimble, who played all 50 minutes, led the Hawks with 24 points and made 7-of-9 from the foul line. Freshman Charlie Brown scored a career-high 22 points, as he made 6-of-11 three-pointers, and had eight rebounds. Demery added 14 points.

With Fordham up 9-8 early on, Brown starting hitting from outside, connecting on three three-pointers to lead a 13-2 Hawk run that gave SJU a 21-11 lead at 10:21. A quick 6-0 spurt by Fordham cut it to 21-17, but Jai Williams scored five straight for Saint Joseph’s to build the Hawks’ lead back to 26-17.

Fordham answered with eight straight points, ending in a three-point play by Chartouny, to trim SJU’s lead to 26-25. The Hawks built it back up quickly, 32-25, and then took a 35-30 lead into halftime.

Fordham was whistled for 26 fouls in the game, but Saint Joseph's couldn't take advantage, converting only 24-for-40 from the foul line in the contest.

"Two guys, 7-for-20 from the foul line and 13-for-40 from two. And then we froze. We froze against the zone in the last three minutes. It was also our lack of ball movement. We just held the ball too long," said SJU coach Phil Martelli. "I don't think that we communicated very well. I don't think that we communicated well at all, and that's been part of our trying to grow up. Communication was off. Not the plan, or anything like that, just straight communication. We tried. We just weren't good enough."

Saint Joseph’s goes on the road for the first time in two weeks when it heads to Dayton on Tuesday, February 7.

Photos from today's game are available for purchase at