SAINT JOSEPH’S HAWKS (9-14; 4-7 A-10) vs.
MASSACHUSETTS MINUTEMEN (11-13; 4-7 A-10)
February 10, 2018 • 4 p.m. • A-10 Network
Michael J. Hagan ‘85 Arena • Philadelphia, Pa.
A reminder for fans attending Saturday's game that Fan Fest – set to begin at 2:30 p.m. – is being held indoors in the Athletic Center due to rain in the forecast.
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph’s fell victim to a hot-shooting Davidson team on Tuesday night, losing 91-62 at Belk Arena. Shavar Newkirk was the only Hawk in double figures with 16 points
• James Demery is averaging a career-best 17.3 points for the Hawks and 18.5 points in Atlantic 10 games
• SJU committed 14 turnovers at Davidson, dropping the Hawks to third in the national rankings for fewest turnovers
• This is the second meeting with Massachusetts as the Minutemen won in Amherst, 72-69, on January 14
• The Hawks are looking to end a five-game losing streak, which is the longest of the year and the longest since a nine-game streak late last season
HOME SWEET HOME
• The Hawks are 7-2 at home and saw their five-game winning streak come to an end with the loss to Saint Louis on Jan. 31
• At home, the Hawks own a +5.8 scoring margin, averaging 75.0 points per game, with the opponents scoring 68.9 points
• Conversely, the Hawks are 1-9 on the road this year and have a -6.7 scoring margin
• The Hawks have been involved in a number of close games this year as 14 of the 23 have been decided by less than 10 points
• More importantly, 10 of SJU’s 13 losses are by a combined total of 37 points, and an average margin of 3.7 points
• Four of the Hawks’ losses in January were by three points or less; they started February with a three-point loss to La Salle
FOR A GOOD CAUSE
• This weekend coaches from around the country will be raising money for autism through Coaches Powering Forward for Autism benefiting Autism Speaks and will be wearing the blue puzzle piece pin on their suit jackets during the games.
• Coach Phil Martelli and the Hawks are supporting the Coaches vs. Cancer 3-Point Challenge. Fans can support the cause by pledging donations for three-pointers made by SJU. Pledges can be made at 3PointChallenge.org
SERIES vs. MASSACHUSETTS: UMass leads 38-34
• Feb. 14 at Fordham, 7 p.m., A-10 Network
• Feb. 17 vs. Duquesne, 6 p.m., A-10 Network