VILLANOVA, Pa. - The Saint Joseph's women's basketball team looks to bounce back from its first loss of the season as the Hawks head to Big 5 rival #25/24 Villanova on Sunday. The game, set for a 1p.m. tip at the Jake Nevin Field House, will be streamed on Nova Nation All-Access, with free audio broadcast offered courtesy of the Saint Joseph's Sports Network.
• Saint Joseph’s continues Big 5 play as the Hawks travel to #25/24 Villanova on Sunday.
• Sunday's matchup is the 44th meeting between the Hawks and Wildcats, with Saint Joseph’s holding a 27-16 edge in the all-time series. • Villanova won last year’s contest at Hagan Arena, 62-54, on December 3, 2016.
• The Hawks are 109-43 all-time in Big 5 matchups and have captured or shared 17 titles.
• Sunday marks the second straight Philadelphia Big 5 games for Saint Joseph’s.
• The Hawks are coming off their first loss of the year as they fell 69-66 at Temple on Wednesday.
• Saint Joseph’s was held to a season-low 39 percent shooting at Temple, and went just 1-of-10 from three-point range
• Graduate student Amanda Fioravanti scored a career-high 22 points against the Owls.
• Saint Joseph’s 5-0 start to the season was its best since 2005-06 when the Hawks opened 7-0.
• Sunday marks the 157th game in which SJU has faced a ranked opponent and has gone 33-123 in those previous contests.
• Saint Joseph’s has lost seven straight to ranked opponents, with its last win coming against #11 Dayton, 61-54, in the semifinals of the Atlantic 10 Championship on March 10, 2013.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP